Homeopathy in Asthma and Allergy
Allergy is simply over-Sensitivity (Reactivity) of the life force, it usually happens in Atopic (Genetic Predisposition) individuals after repeated triggers like exposure to abrupt change of temperature within short span of time. After Sensitization, immune system starts developing antibodies against various organic (Proteins) and inorganic particles.
Based on the principle of similars and minimal dose (Similia Similibus Curenter) Homoeopathy is synonymous to Hypo-sensitization or Desensitization. In Asthma, Patient is suffering with individual over sensitivity and what we need to cure is desensitization or Hypo-sensitization to get rid of symptoms and disease as a whole. For Hypo-sensitization, Homeopathic medicine should have minimal possible quantity of similar drug substance and the prescribed medicinal dose should not be deprived of the basic crude drug substance.
It does not mean that Homoeopathic medicines in higher dilutions do not work in Asthma cases. Constitutional Homoeopathic medicine in higher potencies improves or modifies the susceptibility of the Sick individual, means it reduces the tendencies of a living being to be over affected by certain things like abrupt change of temperature which can hardly make any impression in other healthy living being.
For the development of Asthma and other sickness there must be more than one cause such as genetic tendencies, thermal telluric chemical biological injuries, environmental pollution, faulty unnatural living habits etc. Each of above factors needs special attention in Asthma and other diseases to attain total cure or maximum amelioration of symptoms.
In case of respiratory tract and other allergy, one must note following points:
1. Avoid exposure to extreme variation of temperature in all conditions, Use nothing too hot in cold weather and nothing chilled in hot weather. Variation of more than 20 degrees centigrade of Temperature causes immunological injury to life force and causes over-sensitization of living being. Due to this over-sensitization, life force of living body over-reacts to allergens (which can hardly make any impact on normal human being otherwise) and results in allergic diseases like Allergic Rhinitis (sneezing and running nose), Asthma (coughing and difficult breathing) and Urticaria (itching Skin Rashes like wheal-and-flare reaction) etc.
2. Be Careful about Rice (in Northern Planes of India), Banana and Colocassia roots (Arvi), Tamarind, Mango and dry mango powder, Nuts like almonds and ground nuts.
3. Regular symptom limited exercise is must for amelioration in Allergy and Asthma.
4. Avoid all kinds of Pain Killer and fever pills such as Salicylic Acid (Aspirin-Disprin), Paracetamol (Crocin), Nemuselide (Nemulid, Nice), Ibuprofen (Brufen, Combiflam etc.). All such type of medicines causes bronchospasm (constriction of air passage) leading to asthma and Urticaria (itching Skin Rashes like wheal-and-flare reaction).
5. House dust mites and paper mites are also a major cause of concern in all types of allergies, these are hidden in mattresses, pillows, quilts, carpets, old forgotten books and other such items.
Note - Slight running nose and sneezing in asthmatic patients ameliorates their difficulty in breathing. Do not suppress unnecessarily these sign and symptoms.